Emergency Dentistry Near You
If you find yourself caught in the middle of an accident and need urgent dental care, don’t hesitate to come into our local dental practice. Our dentists here will make sure that your smile receives the care and attention needed to heal, in addition to doing all they can to keep you comfortable.
There’s no need to call ahead; our team accepts walk-in appointments throughout the day and during our evening and weekend hours.
To learn more about emergency dentistry near you, feel free to reach out to us. We’re more than happy to answer any questions you have.
So . . . What Constitutes a Dental Emergency?
A great question! It may be tricky to know whether you ought to come in and see a dentist or if a dental issue will heal itself in time. Regardless of what you’re dealing with, it’s always best to be cautious and visit an oral health professional; with that said, listed below are some situations that typically require immediate care:
- Broken teeth, such as a tooth that is chipped or cracked.
- A persistent toothache, or a toothache that has become more severe.
- An abscess or cyst has formed.
- A loose or lost dental prosthetic like a crown, bridge, or filling.
- Broken orthodontics.
- Heaving bleeding.
- A blackened tooth.
- A dislodged tooth.
Another thing to keep in mind is that trauma to your cheeks, lips, and tongue can also be addressed with emergency dentistry. Though these entities are not strictly part of your smile, they impact the overall structure of your mouth and, if left untreated, can cause pain and lead to future problems.
If you have questions about the treatments that constitute emergency dentistry in Langley, and what the best approach is for your unique case, please contact a dentist near you when you can.
Avoiding Dental Emergencies
The majority of dental emergencies are avoidable. There are always measures you can take to protect and therefore preserve your beautiful smile from harm, such as:
- Wearing a mouth guard while playing sports – A mouth guard cushions your teeth, posing as a physical barrier between your smile and serious impacts like being hit in the face. You can acquire a custom mouth guard from a dentist near you or you can purchase a stock guard.
- Wearing a night guard – This device is nearly identical to a sports guard, but, as the name illustrates, is worn at night. Night guards will prevent bruxism, which is the grinding and clenching of your teeth, preserving your jaw, and allowing you to sleep more peacefully.
- Not using your teeth to open envelopes, bags, or packages. Use scissors instead!
- Brushing and flossing every day – Ideally, you’ll do this after each meal.
- Attending routine dental appointments.
How to Find an Emergency Dentist?
When you need urgent care, there’s not a moment to waste; acting quickly matters because, the faster you get to an emergency dentist near you, the better the results of your repairs will be.
Here at Cornerstone Dental Center, we provide this essential service to everyone who comes in through our doors. It doesn’t matter if you’re a prospective, new, or returning patient, our amazing, capable team of dentists, hygienists, and administrative staff will be able to get your oral health back on track.
So, please, don’t wait; visit our emergency dentist in Langley as soon as possible. Don’t worry about arranging anything ahead of time; just come to our office, located at 6395 198 St #105, or phone us at (604) 530-6461 today.
Contact Us at Cornerstone Dental Centre
Are you searching for reliable, yet convenient emergency dentistry near you? Our amazing team of dentists, hygienists, and administrative staff are all standing by to aid you on your unique journey. All our patients matter, and we’ll work hard to help you achieve – and maintain – a beautiful, healthy smile you can be proud of every day.
Call or come in today!